Flexibility to expand your sound system
All Sonos speakers work together on WiFi so you can create the system you want over time. Listen all around your home when you group speakers to play in sync, and pair matching speakers together in the same room for more detailed stereo sound.
Sound that defies expectations
Precision-engineered acoustics deliver the clarity, depth, and fullness you would expect from a much larger speaker.
Tunes itself like magic
Using automatic Trueplay™ tuning, Roam smartly adapts to your surroundings and whatever you're listening to for sound that's astonishingly detailed and perfectly balanced.
Roam’s slim and thoughtful form blends beautifully into your home, while the lightweight ergonomic design makes it easy to handle.
Solidly constructed and rated IP67, Roam is drop resistant, waterproof up to three feet for 30 minutes, impervious to dust, and ready for any adventure.
Incredible from all sides
When positioned vertically, Roam has a minimal footprint, and the rounded triangular shape can tuck neatly into a corner anywhere space is at a premium. Lay it horizontally for stability on uneven ground and Roam subtly directs the sound upward in the direction of your ears for a better listening experience.
10 hours of play time
Powered by a built-in rechargeable battery, Roam is ready to soundtrack your day, whether you want to unwind in the backyard or escape to the backwoods.
Wirelessly charge Roam with any Qi-certified charger or the included cable. Make charging a snap with our custom-designed Wireless Charger, featuring magnets for quick attachment.
Charge at full speed
All our speakers work together on WiFi so you can create the system you want over time. Listen all around your home when you group speakers to play in sync, and pair matching speakers together in the same room for more detailed stereo sound.
- Amplifier: Two Class-H digital amplifiers.
- Tweeter: One tweeter offers crisp high frequencies.
- Mid-Woofer: One mid-woofer ensures faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies.
- Adjustable EQ: Use the Sonos S2 app to adjust bass, treble, and loudness.
- Microphone array Far-field microphone array uses advanced beamforming and multi-channel echo cancellation so your voice assistant can be readily activated.
- Sonos S2: Set up and control Roam with the latest generation of the Sonos app.
- Apple AirPlay 2 Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and higher.
- Voice: Works with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant.
- Automatic Trueplay: This tuning technology uses spatial awareness to smartly adjust the sound for the speaker’s orientation (vertical/horizontal), location, and the content that’s playing. Works on WiFi and Bluetooth. Microphone must be on.
- Sound Swap To group Roam with other Sonos speakers, press and hold the Play/Pause button for 1 second. To move the sound to or from Roam, continue holding the button down.
- IP Rating: IP67 (speaker can be submerged in 1m of water for up to 30 minutes)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 6.61 x 2.44 x 2.36 in (168 x 62x 60mm)
- Weight .95 lb. (.43 kg)
- Memory 1GB SDRAM; 4GB NV
- CPU Quad Core; 1.3 GHz A-53
- Operating Temperature 41º to 95º F (5º to 35º C)
- Storage Temperature -4º to 145º F (-20º to 63º C)
Power & Connectivity
- Connects to WiFi network with any 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 or 5 GHz broadcast-capable router
- Bluetooth 5.0 supports audio streaming from your smartphone and other devices
- USB-C for charging
- 18 Wh battery provides up to 10 hours of continuous playback on a single charge
- 0% to 50% in 1 hour on USB; 2 hours wirelessly
Take a comprehensive look at the set up, function, and maintenance of Roam. The user guide details all of its specifications and how to care for your Sonos speaker.
USB-C to USB-A cable (3.9 ft)
Sonos Roam (2)
USB-C to USB-A cable (3.9 ft) (2)
Covered by Vidlogix
If your gear is damaged or breaks from normal wear and tear or accidental handling, the cost of repair or replacement will be covered. Vidlogix handles all processing, claims, and follow up.
Plans are competitively priced to meet your coverage needs. Plus, there's no middleman or lengthy approval process–which means approved claims are settled in days not weeks.Learn More
Expert advice, whenever you need it.
Curious about our products or not sure what you need? Talk to one of our smart home specialists anytime. It’s free.Get Help