Hear every word clearly
Beam was specifically tuned by Oscar-winning sound engineers to emphasize the sound of the human voice so you can always follow the story.
Turn on Speech Enhancement in the app to clarify dialogue when characters whisper or the action explodes.
Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa are built right in, so you can play music, check the news, set alarms, get your questions answered, and more, completely hands-free.
Setup is simple
Go from unboxing to listening in minutes with just two cords and automatic remote detection.
- Four full-range woofers ensure you’ll hear the faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass.
- One tweeter creates a crisp and clear dialogue.
- Three passive radiators help move air around inside the compact Sonos Beam and add warm sound to the bass.
- Adjustable bass and treble controls let you customize your sound by individual rooms or groups of rooms.
- Five Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture.
- Five far-field microphone array used for advanced beamforming and multi-channel echo cancellation.
- When the microphone LED is on, Beam is ready for a voice command. When the light is off, the microphone is off.
- Dimensions: 2.70 x 25.625 x 3.94 in. ( H x W x D)
- Weight: 6.2 lbs (2.8 kg)
- HDMI ARC: HDMI cable connects to your TV’s HDMI ARC input.
- Optical Audio: Optical Audio Adapter to connect to your TV.
- Top-panel features: Capacitive touch controls for volume up/down, previous/next track, play/pause, microphone mute. LED indicates status, mute status, and voice feedback.
- Threaded mount: 1/2 in. (12.7 mm) / 10-32 threaded mounting socket.
Power & Networking
- Power supply: Auto-switching 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz AC universal input.
- Ethernet port: One 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port. Wire directly to your router to operate your Sonos if Wi-Fi is unstable.
- Wi-Fi: Connects to your home Wi-Fi network with any 802.11 b/g/n router. 802.11n only network configurations are not supported—you can either change the router settings to 802.11 b/g/n or connect a Sonos product to your router.
- Apple AirPlay 2: Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and higher.
Take a comprehensive look at the setup, function, and maintenance of Beam. The product manual details all of its specifications and how to care for your Sonos speakers.
How does Sonos Beam differ from Playbar and Playbase?
Sonos Beam is a more compact speaker and can fit almost anywhere. Playbar and Playbase have more speakers, so they produce louder sound with more width and bass. Beam is perfect for small to mid-sized rooms, whereas Playbar and Playbase are capable of filling large spaces. Beam features HDMI connectivity and has Alexa voice control built-in while Playbar and Playbase rely on Optical and work with other Alexa-enabled devices.
Sonos 1-Year Limited Warranty
Vidlogix 1-Year Extended Warranty
Optical Audio Adapter
Quick Start Guide
Covered by Vidlogix
Extend your free 1-year extended warranty up to 4 years with a Vidlogix protection plan – available when you buy, or after. Vidlogix handles all processing, claims, and follow up if your gear is damaged or breaks from normal wear and tear or accidental handling.
Plans are competitively priced to meet your coverage needs. Plus, there's no middleman or lengthy approval process–which means approved claims are settled in days not weeks.Learn More
Expert advice, whenever you need it.
Curious about our products or not sure what you need? Talk to one of our smart home specialists anytime. It’s free.Get Help