- 1080p HD video.
- Advanced motion detection.
- Live view.
- 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz dual-band wi-fi.
- Near motion zone motion capability.
- Easily removable faceplate.
- Improved screw strength.
- 1-year warranty on parts, lifetime theft protection.
- Works with iOS and Android.
- Available in two fashionable finishes (included).
- It does not require a connection to a wired doorbell.
- Dimensions: 5.1 x 2.4 x 1.1 in
- Colors: Satin Nickel, Venetian Bronze
- Video: 1080 HD video, live view, night vision
- Motion Detection: Adjustable motion zones
- Field of View: 160 degrees
- Audio: 2-way with noise cancellation
- Upload Speed: Min. 2 Mbps per device
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n @ 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Install Time: ~5 minutes
- Temperature: -5° to 120°F, water-resistant
What’s the difference between Video Doorbell 2 and Video Doorbell 3 Plus?
Both Video Doorbell 2 and Video Doorbell 3 Plus send notifications to your phone, tablet, and PC when anyone presses your doorbell or triggers the built-in motion sensors. When you answer the notification, you can see, hear, and speak to visitors from anywhere.
Regarding main differences, Video Doorbell 3 Plus has 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-band wi-fi (vs 2.4GHz only on Video Doorbell 2) for enhanced connectivity, an additional “near” motion zone that provides motion detection in areas only 5’-15’ in front of your home (reducing irrelevant motion notifications further away), and Pre-Roll, which allows you to see an additional 4 seconds of video before the motion event was even triggered – the first-to-market feature for battery-powered doorbells and unique exclusively to Ring. Pre-Roll video is in black and white and in low resolution to conserve your battery life.
Video Doorbell 3 Plus also has improved screw strength, a redesigned easy-to-remove faceplate, and automatic chime connection which makes installing your video doorbell easier than ever.
What’s the difference between Video Doorbell 3 and Video Doorbell 3 Plus?
The main difference is Video Doorbell 3 Plus includes our Pre-Roll technology, which allows you to see an additional 4 seconds of video before the motion event was even triggered – the first-to-market feature for battery-powered doorbells and unique exclusively to Ring. Pre-Roll video is in black and white and in low resolution to conserve your battery life.
Ring 1-year parts warranty
Ring lifetime theft protection warranty
Ring Video Doorbell 3
Rechargeable, quick-release battery pack
Satin Nickel and Venetian Bronze faceplates
Installation hardware and tools
Wedge and corner pieces
USB charging cable
User manual & quick-start guide
Covered by Vidlogix
Extend your free 1-year extended warranty up to 4 years with a Vidlogix protection plan – available when you buy, or after. Vidlogix handles all processing, claims, and follow up if your gear is damaged or breaks from normal wear and tear or accidental handling.
Plans are competitively priced to meet your coverage needs. Plus, there's no middleman or lengthy approval process–which means approved claims are settled in days not weeks.Learn More
Expert advice, whenever you need it.
Curious about our products or not sure what you need? Talk to one of our smart home specialists anytime. It’s free.Get Help