The Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus is the next generation of Ring Video Doorbells. In addition to new video features such as Near Zone functionality, the Video Doorbell 3 boasts dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wi-fi connectivity, improved energy efficiency, better screw strength, and advanced motion detection.
- 1080p HD video.
- Advanced motion detection.
- Live view.
- 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz dual-band wi-fi.
- Near motion zone motion capability.
- Easily removable faceplate.
- Improved screw strength.
- 1-year warranty on parts, lifetime theft protection.
- Works with iOS and Android.
- Available in two fashionable finishes (included).
- It does not require a connection to a wired doorbell.
- Dimensions: 5.1 x 2.4 x 1.1 in
- Colors: Satin Nickel, Venetian Bronze
- Video: 1080 HD video, live view, night vision
- Motion Detection: Adjustable motion zones
- Field of View: 160 degrees
- Audio: 2-way with noise cancellation
- Upload Speed: Min. 2 Mbps per device
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n @ 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Install Time: ~5 minutes
- Temperature: -5° to 120°F, water-resistant
What’s the difference between Video Doorbell 2 and Video Doorbell 3 Plus?
Both Video Doorbell 2 and Video Doorbell 3 Plus send notifications to your phone, tablet, and PC when anyone presses your doorbell or triggers the built-in motion sensors. When you answer the notification, you can see, hear, and speak to visitors from anywhere.
Regarding main differences, Video Doorbell 3 Plus has 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-band wi-fi (vs 2.4GHz only on Video Doorbell 2) for enhanced connectivity, an additional “near” motion zone that provides motion detection in areas only 5’-15’ in front of your home (reducing irrelevant motion notifications further away), and Pre-Roll, which allows you to see an additional 4 seconds of video before the motion event was even triggered – the first-to-market feature for battery-powered doorbells and unique exclusively to Ring. Pre-Roll video is in black and white and in low resolution to conserve your battery life.
Video Doorbell 3 Plus also has improved screw strength, a redesigned easy-to-remove faceplate, and automatic chime connection which makes installing your video doorbell easier than ever.
What’s the difference between Video Doorbell 3 and Video Doorbell 3 Plus?
The main difference is Video Doorbell 3 Plus includes our Pre-Roll technology, which allows you to see an additional 4 seconds of video before the motion event was even triggered – the first-to-market feature for battery-powered doorbells and unique exclusively to Ring. Pre-Roll video is in black and white and in low resolution to conserve your battery life.
Ring 1-year parts warranty
Ring lifetime theft protection warranty
Ring Video Doorbell 3
Rechargeable, quick-release battery pack
Satin Nickel and Venetian Bronze faceplates
Installation hardware and tools
Wedge and corner pieces
USB charging cable
User manual & quick-start guide
Expert advice, whenever you need it.
Curious about our products or not sure what you need? Talk to one of our smart home specialists anytime. It’s free.Get Help